- Memorization of the vocabulary in Gaye Chapter V, pp. 100-103
- Understanding of Chapter V, sections I and II, pp. 85-92
- Understanding of time of the day and seasons of the year
- Reading and memorization of dialogues in section II, pp. 90-92
- Read and listen to the vocabulary in Gaye Chapter V, pp. 100-103.
- Look over the dialogues on pp. 90-92 and identify new vocabulary.
- Read, listen to, repeat and memorize the vocabulary in Gaye Chapter V, pp. 100-103.
- Read and memorize the information in section I , pp. 85-88 that deals with telling time and the seasons of the year.
- Read and memorize the information about kinship on pp. 88-89.
- Read and listen to both dialogues in section II, pp. 90-92. Memorize one or two of the parts in the dialogues.
LangMedia, Wolof and French in Senegal Time
- "What Time Is It? (Formal)" French
- "What Time Is It? (Informal)" French
- "What Time Is It? 1"
- "What Time Is It? 2"
- "What Time Is It? 3"
- Compare and contrast the French and Wolof videos.
Conversation Session Preparation
- Be prepared to participate in role playing situations asking and telling time.
- Be prepared to talk about the seasons. What do you do in what season? What do the Senegalese do in those seasons?
- Be ready to take various roles in the 2 dialogues and act them out with classmates.
- Be prepared to create dialogues in which various terms of kinship are used.
- I am memorizing the vocabulary in Gaye Chapter V, pp. 100-103.
- I understand how to tell time and can both ask and reply to time-related questions.
- I understand social relationships and kinship.
- I can play parts in the dialogues in section II, pp. 90-92.
- Submit self-assessment report as required by your course syllabus or program.