- Review of Chapters I-III
- Review vocabulary in Gaye Chapters I-III.
- Review the grammatical explanations in Gaye Chapters I-III.
- Review the dialogues in Gaye Chapters I-III.
- Using the dialogues as your point of departure, choose various roles and create new responses for that role in the dialogue (have the "part" answer in the negative instead of the positive, give difference information or change the gender - make all necessary changes in the dialogues and be prepared to share these at the conversation sessions).
- Write your own dialogue involving the concepts you have learned from chapters I-III. Make enough copies that you can actually perform the dialogue with your classmates in your conversation session.
Conversation Session Preparation
- See above: Be prepared to take part in your classmatesÂ’ dialogues and to critique them.
- I am comfortable using all the vocabulary I have learned in the first three chapters.
- I am comfortable in social situations involving greetings and partings, and eating.
- I understand the grammatical concepts presented in the first three chapters.
- I am prepared to advance to Module 11.
- Submit self-assessment report as required by your course syllabus or program.