- Memorization of the vocabulary in Gaye Chapter III, pp. 58-62
- Understanding of difference between active and stative verbs and the use of mangi
- Continued understanding of negative constructions
- Understanding of imperatives and emphasis
- Understanding of articles
- Completion of exercises on p. 55
- Review dialogues in section II, pp. 47-48
- Read and listen to the vocabulary in Gaye Chapter III, pp. 58-62.
- Review the dialogues on pp. 47-48 and identify new vocabulary.
- Read and memorize the grammatical explanations in section III on pp. 49-54.
- Listen to the questions and complete the exercises in section IV on p. 55.
LangMedia, Wolof and French in Senegal Household Goods
- "Market Situation 1"
- "Market Situation 2"
- "Market Situation 3"
- "Road Vendors"
Conversation Session Preparation
- Be prepared to participate in role playing situations involving eating and all its ramifications. Be sure to be able to incorporate body language into your role playing; correct use of body language is as important as correct use of grammar and lexicon.
- Be prepared to give and respond to orders.
- Be prepared to use emphasis in your conversation.
- Be prepared to use both long and short forms of questions and to recognize which is which.
- I have memorized the vocabulary in Gaye Chapter III, pp. 58-62.
- I can interact comfortably in situations dealing with eating.
- I understand the difference between active and stative verbs and I can use mangi correctly.
- I can create negative constructions.
- I understand imperatives and emphasis.
- I understand articles.
- I have completed the exercises on p. 55.
- Submit self-assessment report as required by your course syllabus or program.