- Continued memorization of the vocabulary in Gaye Chapter I, pp. 14-17
- Understanding of Chapter I, sections II - IV
- Review of dialogues
- Understanding of subject pronouns and the presentative, word order in question formation, the completion marker, the particle, and the possessive
- Completion of the exercises in section IV
- Review the dialogues in section II, pp. 4-7.
- Read thoroughly and memorize the grammatical explanations in section III, pp. 7-10.
- Listen to the questions and complete the exercises in section IV, p. 11.
- LangMedia,Wolof and French in Senegal Greetings and Partings
- "Friends Greeting" (in French - even if you don't understand French, what can you learn from this video? How does the French greeting compare to the Wolof greeting?)
- "Introducing Friends"
Conversation Session Preparation
- Be prepared to play act the dialogues complete with appropriate body language as illustrated by your conversation partner.
- Be prepared to ask and answer questions posed by the conversation partner or classmates.
- I have memorized the Chapter I vocabulary.
- I can perform basic greetings accompanied by appropriate body language.
- I can take any role in the book's dialogues.
- I understand subject pronouns and the presentative, word order in question formation, the completion marker, the particle, and the possessive.
- I have completed the exercises in section IV.
- Submit self-assessment report as required by your course syllabus or program.