- Active use of the vocabulary in Gaye Chapter III, pp. 58-62.
- Active understanding of difference between active and stative verbs and the use of mangi.
- Use of negative constructions, imperatives and emphasis, and articles.
- Completion of exercises on pp. 56-57.
- Review vocabulary in Gaye Chapter III, pp. 58-62.
- Review the grammatical explanations in section III.
- Complete the exercises in section V on p. 56.
- Complete the exercises in section VI on p. 57.
- LangMedia, Wolof and French in Senegal Eating Out
- "Ordering at a Restaurant"
- "Asking for the Dessert Menu"
- "Ordering a Waffle" (in French – do you have ideas about why they are speaking French?)
Conversation Session Preparation
- Be prepared to create role playing situations involving eating and all its ramifications.
- Be prepared to identify and correct errors in grammar, lexicon and etiquette that has been purposefully introduced by your conversation partner in role playing situations.
- I have memorized the vocabulary in Gaye Chapter III, pp. 58-62.
- I can interact comfortably in situations dealing with eating.
- I can identify and explain missteps in etiquette of food and eating.
- I can identify and use active and stative verbs and I can use mangi correctly.
- I can create negative constructions.
- I can give and receive orders and I can create emphasis in my statements.
- I understand articles.
- I have completed the exercises on p. 56-57.
- Submit self-assessment report as required by your course syllabus or program.