Media Arabic, Business and Finance, Part 3
- Section 7 pp. 196-197: Continue evaluating the objectivity of a news source by comparing reports from different sources. Read the second set of excerpts and compare them to each other by answering the questions.
- Find two news reports relating to business or finance in two different Arabic news sources on the same event. Read them carefully and then write a brief description (100 words) of the contrast between the two reports.
- Choose a news event or issue that you have been following for several weeks or throughout the semester and write an analysis of 300 words.
- Research Arabic press, both news stories, analyses, and commentaries/editorials related to the topic you and your conversation partners have chosen for a final debate. Prepare your side of the debate.
Homework to Hand in
- Section 7, questions 1-5, p. 197
- Description contrasting the two articles from different news sources (100 words)
- Analysis of a news event or issue (300 words)
- I have completed Part 3 of "Business and Finance," pp. 196-197.
- I have practiced evaluating the objectivity of a news source by comparing reports from different sources.
- I am able to write a description of the comparative objectivity of two differing news reports on the same event in the world of business or finance.
- I am able to write a thorough analysis of a news event or issue that clearly and effectively expresses my ideas and demonstrates the evidence supporting my arguments.
- I am able to engage in a debate on a relevant topic, expressing myself persuasively and logically.
Conversation Session Partner Guide
- Facilitate the debate between the students . It should be detailed, thorough, relevant, and expressive. Encourage the students to back up their claims as well as using rhetorical devices they have picked up from the news they have been reading and listening to throughout the semester.