The LangMedia site is currently being updated. This resource is available for use while the updates are happening, but does not follow the normal path through the LangMedia pages. You can use the back button to return to the previous page at any time. If you are looking for other LangMedia resources, use the navigation link above, entitled "Home", to access the main page of the site.
Beginning Turkmen Guide 7
- Memorization of the vocabulary in Topic 4, Competencies 1 and 2
- Understanding of possessive forms, habitual action in the present or future, and the negative form of the verb, dative suffix, future action form, and conjunction of two sentences
- Review of the dialogues and their memorization in Topic 4, Competencies 1 and 2
- Ability to travel and use transportation
- Memorization of the core vocabulary lists: Adjectives, Transportation Nouns, and Geography Nouns
- Review all the dialogues in Topic 4 and memorize them.
- Review and study the grammar notes in Topic 4.
- Identify the new vocabulary lists.
For Extra Practice
Conversation Session Preparation
- Be prepared to role play the dialogues.
- Be prepared to make requests and answer requests made by the conversation partner or classmates.
- Be prepared to talk about traveling and transportation.
- Be prepared to use the vocabulary and grammatical concepts of Topic 4.
- Be prepared to make new dialogues.
- I have memorized the vocabulary in Topic 4 and core vocabulary lists in this module.
- I can combine sentences, negate verbs, and use the possessive forms, the dative suffix and the habitual form of the verb.
- I have memorized dialogues in Topic 4.
- I can travel and use transportation.
- Submit self-assessment report as required by your course syllabus or program.
© 2006 Five College Center for the Study of World Languages and Five Colleges, Incorporated.
Five Colleges, Incorporated is the consortium of Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, Smith College and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.