The LangMedia site is currently being updated. This resource is available for use while the updates are happening, but does not follow the normal path through the LangMedia pages. You can use the back button to return to the previous page at any time. If you are looking for other LangMedia resources, use the navigation link above, entitled "Home", to access the main page of the site.
Beginning Turkmen Guide 6
- Memorization of the vocabulary in Topic 3, Competency 3
- Understanding of prepositions and imperative forms
- Review of the dialogues and their memorization in Topic 3, Competency 3
- Ability to recognize food, different types of fruits and vegetables, and expressions
- Memorization of the core vocabulary lists: Expressions, Prepositions, Vegetables, Fruit, Verbs Expressing What to Do, and Verbs for Cooking.
- Review all the dialogues in Topic 3 and memorize the new dialogue in Topic 3, Competency 3.
- Review the grammar notes in Topic 3.
- Identify the new vocabulary lists.
For Extra Practice
Conversation Session Preparation
- Be prepared to role play the dialogues .
- Be prepared to make requests and answer requests made by the conversation partner or classmates.
- Be prepared to talk about food and what you like to eat.
- Be prepared to use the vocabulary and grammatical concepts of Topic 3.
- Be prepared to make new dialogues.
- I have memorized the vocabulary in Topic 3 and core vocabulary lists in this module.
- I understand and can use the imperative form and the prepositions.
- I have memorized the dialogue in Topic 3, Competency 3.
- I can identify types of food, order food, refuse food, and talk about cooking.
- Submit self-assessment report as required by your course syllabus or program.
© 2006 Five College Center for the Study of World Languages and Five Colleges, Incorporated.
Five Colleges, Incorporated is the consortium of Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, Smith College and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.