The LangMedia site is currently being updated. This resource is available for use while the updates are happening, but does not follow the normal path through the LangMedia pages. You can use the back button to return to the previous page at any time. If you are looking for other LangMedia resources, use the navigation link above, entitled "Home", to access the main page of the site.
Beginning Turkmen Guide 3
- Memorization of the vocabulary in Topic 2, Competencies 1 and 2
- Understanding of definite future form of the verb, Turkmen equivalent of clause there is/are, uncertainty form of the verb, and definite past form of the verb
- Review of the dialogues and their memorization in Topic 2, Competencies 1 and 2, and practice of the exercises
- Ability to ask and respond to the questions about ones family
- Memorization of the core vocabulary: Asking questions, Colors, Family and Verbs for Basic Action
- Review the dialogues in Topic 2, Competencies 1 and 2 in the book.
- Review the grammar notes in the book.
For Extra Practice
Conversation Session Preparation
- Be prepared to create greetings dialogues complete with appropriate body language .
- Be prepared to ask and answer questions posed by the conversation partner or classmates .
- Be prepared to talk about yourself using the vocabulary Topic 1 .
- Be prepared to use the vocabulary and grammatical concepts of Topic 2 .
- I have memorized and have active use in Topic 2, Competencies 1 and 2.
- I can create and respond to basic greetings accompanied by appropriate body language.
- I can use the grammatical concepts presented in Topic 2, Competencies 1 and 2.
- I have completed the exercises in the sections .
- I have memorized the vocabulary.
- Submit self-assessment report as required by your course syllabus or program.
© 2006 Five College Center for the Study of World Languages and Five Colleges, Incorporated.
Five Colleges, Incorporated is the consortium of Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, Smith College and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.