The LangMedia site is currently being updated. This resource is available for use while the updates are happening, but does not follow the normal path through the LangMedia pages. You can use the back button to return to the previous page at any time. If you are looking for other LangMedia resources, use the navigation link above, entitled "Home", to access the main page of the site.
Beginning Turkmen Guide 11
- Memorization of the vocabulary in Topic 6, Competencies 2 and 3
- Understanding of the locative case, the relative clause, the past tense of the verb
- Review and memorization of the dialogue in Topic 6, Competencies 2 and 3
- Ability to shop and bargain in Turkmen
- Memorization of the core vocabulary lists: Adjectives, Verbs to Shop, Shopping, and Clothes
- Read, listen to, and memorize the dialogues in Topic 6, Competencies 2 and 3.
- Review and study the grammar notes in Topic 6, Competencies 2 and 3.
- Review and memorize the core vocabulary lists.
For Extra Practice
- Listen to the Turkmen Clothes .
- Try to understand the meaning of the what is being said about clothes in Turkmenistan. What strikes you as unusual? How would you describe what you wear in your home country?
- Listen to the dialogue: At the Mall (see transcript and translation).
- Try to understand and improvise this kind of dialogue on your own.
Conversation Session Preparation
- Be prepared to role play the dialogues.
- Be prepared to ask about prices and quantities and answer related questions.
- Be prepared to use the vocabulary and grammatical concepts in Topic 6, Competencies 2 and 3.
- I have memorized the vocabulary in Topic 6, Competencies 2 and 3.
- I understand the locative case, the relative clause, the past tense of the verb and can use them in the sentences.
- I have memorized dialogues in Topic 6, Competencies 2 and 3.
- I have memorized and can actively use core vocabulary lists: Adjectives, Verbs to Shop, Shopping, and Clothes.
- Submit self-assessment report as required by your course syllabus or program.
© 2006 Five College Center for the Study of World Languages and Five Colleges, Incorporated.
Five Colleges, Incorporated is the consortium of Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, Smith College and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.