The LangMedia site is currently being updated. This resource is available for use while the updates are happening, but does not follow the normal path through the LangMedia pages. You can use the back button to return to the previous page at any time. If you are looking for other LangMedia resources, use the navigation link above, entitled "Home", to access the main page of the site.
Beginning Turkmen Guide 8
- Memorization of the vocabulary in Topic 5, Competencies 1 and 2
- Understanding of present tense forms, the definite past tense, negations, possessive forms and the conditional mood
- Review of the dialogues and their memorization in Topic 5, Competencies 1 and 2
- Ability to ask for directions and find your way in the city
- Continued memorization of the core vocabulary lists: Adjectives, Transportation, and Geography
- Review all the dialogues in Topic 5 and memorize them.
- Review and study the grammar notes in Topic 5.
- Identify the new vocabulary lists .
For Extra Practice
- Listen to the dialogue: Visiting Ashgabat (see transcript and translation).
- Try to understand the meaning of the dialogue and improvise one on your own.
- Listen to the Invitation to Turkmenistan .
- By now you should be able to understand most of what is being said.
- Think of the way you could respond to such an invitation.
- Improvise a similar invitation to your country or city.
Conversation Session Preparation
- Be prepared to role play the dialogues.
- Be prepared to make requests and answer requests made by the conversation partner or classmates.
- Be prepared to ask for directions and give directions.
- Be prepared to use the vocabulary and grammatical concepts of Topic 5.
- Be prepared to make new dialogues.
- I have memorized the vocabulary in Topic 5.
- I understand the present tense forms, the definite past tense, negations, possessive forms and the conditional mood.
- I have memorized the dialogues in Topic 5.
- I have memorized and can actively use core vocabulary for traveling and transportation.
- I can ask for directions and travel to different destinations.
- Submit self-assessment report as required by your course syllabus or program.
© 2006 Five College Center for the Study of World Languages and Five Colleges, Incorporated.
Five Colleges, Incorporated is the consortium of Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, Smith College and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.